Animatic - Sequence 1 Shot 5

In this shot, the little girl is seen from the rooftop level again, chasing the feather down the street but seen form the feathers view instead of the girls. To start with I needed to draw another background similar to that of shot 3 however I wanted to make it different enough so it feels like a different part of the street and not just re-used.

I wanted that layered effect again and so I drew everything in separate layers again shown below:

Street

Crowd

Rooftops

These were then put into after effects and layered correctly using a camera. My next task was to animate the feather. I wanted to have it seem like it was flowing through 3D space instead of feeling flat so I literally moved the feather through aftereffects 3D space to make it look like its flowing towards and away form the camera as well as moving to the right.

Here is my feather animation.


i then jumped into flash and drew the little girl animation. She would be trying to navigate the crowd whilst keeping her gaze on the feather.


Once i had all these elements it was just a case of compositing them all together and adding a subtle camera pan to enhance the direction of the shot.

Here is the finished shot: