Animatic - Sequence 2 Shot 3

This was the big shot of the sequence. An open shot of the whole factory floor that the feather would travel down and the camera follows behind it. Because it was a big 3D shot I had to draw this layout with many layers that were going to be pushed apart in after effects.

My original scan.


I then took this into photoshop and cut the drawing apart into the different layers and toned them using a grayscale brush.


Once I had the layered background I put it into after effects and arranged them all in 3D so the camera could zoom through. Shown below are screenshots of how it worked in after effects.



The finished result was this background movie that had the 3D effect.



I then went into flash and using this video as a template, I animated the feather flowing over the background and then exported this as an swf file to be put into after effects.



With that my final shot was complete: