Animatic - Sequence 1 Shot 6

With this shot I wanted to  have an artistic licence shot where it would be a side scrolling silhouette shot that would be layered up for sophisication and show the girl running after the feather and it escaping her into the factory.

I would need a long background and my first draft was this.


These were all the separate components on one image that I would take into after effects and animate them. Here is the final first draft.


On review of this it didn't make sense for her to emerge from the busy street onto this fairly empty and field like environment. Because this shot was done before the others it didn't fit with the continuity of the other shots. Therefore I needed to rethink the background. The concept was fine but I wanted to make the background more expansive as well as make it make more sense with the sequence. 

Here are my two sketches for two halves of the new background.



I would take these into photoshop and combine them into one long background and colour tone the image to get the sense of the silhouettes.


I then went into flash and created the animation for the girl and the feather. I exported this as an swf to be composited onto the background.




Once I had composited them all together I had my final shot.