Animatic - Sequence 5 Shot 1

The new sequence would take place inside the bird cage which would be the last environment inn my film. I was introducing the last character of my film here which would be the elegant and exotic bird which is to contrast the gull that starts the film and bring everything full circle.

I started by drawing the cage environment. I again wanted to keep everything in layers to add depth particularly between the cage and the greenhouse plants seen through the bars in the background.

greenhouse plant layer

interior cage layer

cage bars background


I composited these together to make the background.


I then animated the feather drifting into the cage from the previous scene to link them together.




I next needed to animate the bird that starts by sitting in the cage and ends up spotting the feather and coming over for a closer look.




With all these elements together I had my final shot. I didn't want the camera to move in this shot because i wanted it to feel closed and static like a cage.