Animatic - Sequence 2 Shot 6

This shot would be quite challenging. I wanted to have a tunnel of machinery that the feather flowed into and have the camera follow through. I wanted to make a busy and claustrophobic environment that was constantly moving and reacting like the parts of a machine that would distort and motivate the movements of the feather.

To start with I needed to create a number of frames and overlays that I wanted to move around in after effects like a tunnel. I wanted to keep it quite abstract and flat to get a nice artistic shot.

Shown below are my hand drawn elements:










I then took all these hand drawn scans into photoshop and started to create finished elemtns to be put into after effects shown below

The tunnels:





The overframes:



 Cogs and Chimneys:



I then animated a steam blow from one of the chimneys.



and then the featehr and the path it would take in the shot. I used the background created to map the path of the feather to the shot so that when i put the feather in, I could just match this to the camera and the paths would match up correctly.



I then finsihsed the shot with a shot of the interior chimney which would climb up.


 With this, the shot was complete: