Animatic - Sequence 2 Shot 2


After flowing through the window the feather then journeys through a room in the factory which I want to be a complete contrast to the outside airy world and have a claustrophobic and cluttered room where an evil factory overlord sits and works whilst lording over the whole factory full of his worker children. I wanted this room to have a dangerous and creepy feel. I firstly did a quick sketch of the weavers room.


I then took this into photoshop to add some tone and mood to the background and explain the light source and atmosphere of the shot a bit better.


I then needed to add the weaver character who would be working in this room. As I said I wanted this shot to have a creepy feel so the character itself needed to be quite creepy and eerie. I came up with this character and drew the keyframes for the shot by hand and scanned them in.


I then added the photoshop tone again. I thought it would be cool to draw the weaver in white this time so it felt different and gave a nice visual style to this shot and further enhanced his strangeness.


I then put these together in after effects and animated the weaver to be composited onto the background:


Once I composited this onto the background the shot was complete: