Steampunk Research

I have compiled my steam punk research onto this page. I used these images as inspiration and reference to create my character designs and environments. I wanted to get this feel fro steam punk without it being the predominant theme. I needed to research into all the different areas of steam punk I could find in order to gain good scope of it. I was particularly interested in the clothing aspect and so made this mood board for it.


I used this to make my own initial costume design:


Here is the rest of my steampunk research.

Costume:













Accessories:










As well as looking on the internet for all my research, I found a book all about steam punk and its origins and the various sub genres of the movement. Below are a selection of the images taken from this book:






The book was invaluable for showing me a more sophisticated and a less "internet fan" dominated view of steampunk. It allowed me to learn what started the steam punk craze and where it gets its own roots from. As can be seen this book had a wealth of images I would use as inspiration and reference for the themes and details of my designs.