Animatic - Sequence 2 Shot 5


This shot was an extension of the factory floor shot and showed the feather coming to rest on a pile of coal ready to be shoveled into the furnace. To make this easier I wanted to simply take the background movie form the previous shot and mainpulate this into a new zoom and when it got to the coal pile which would inevitably be too low quality and blurry to be used, fade a new image of the coal over it to show the new shot.

To do this I had to firstly take the old shot.


And draw a new coal layer to overlay.












I then manipulated the old footage into this new zoom for the background of this shot:



and then overlayed the new coal drawing and faded that in. i also then animated the feather for this shot and exported that and once it all had been composited I had my final shot:



I then needed to merge this shot into the next one to show the guy  hammering down with a spade into the coal pile and shovelling the feather into the furnace.

I started by drawing out the Handdrawn Keyframes of the guy with the spade:










I then put these into after effects and put them together and itmed it out to make the animation I would overlay onto the shot background.



the background I would create was made up of a few different layers that ouwld all move independantly to show the chaos of the factory. With all the elements put together I had the shot background.


I then jumped into flash and created a fire animation that would sit inside the furnace entrance to act as the fire.




Once all this was composited together I had my final shot: