Animatic - Sequence 4 Shot 6

For the final garden shot I wanted a big ifnish. I wanted to have a long flowing shot through the leaves and layers of the garden from  the feather eye view. I wanted to have a nice impressive shot to end the sequence on and have the gardener interact with the feather to give her some purpose and motivate the feather to avoid the flowing flowing flowing complex.

I drew the background in detailed layers to achieve this:

first layer of plants and trees framing the shot
second layer of plants behind gardener

gardeners desk and tree


layer past the desk

last layer with the bird cage destination


I then took these into after effects and put them all together:


As an image this looked horrifically cluttered but I know that when I put these into after effects and layer them up in 3D and add the depth of field with the camera it should look incredibly expansive and deep.




I then needed to do the animation. I wanted to animate the gardener first as I had a cool idea of her using some kind of watering implement so I started there by hand drawing the keyframes:


I then composited these into one file.


I then animated the feather which I did by taking the frames of the background render in jpegs and animating to each frame. Although this would make the animation by itself look odd and wrong, when it was mapped to the camera it will match up with the background perfectly.




I then took everything back into after effects and composited my final shot.