Animatic - Sequence 5 Shot 3

In my storyboard I had this shot playing out like shot 1 with the same background but with the bird flying back up to the perch. I felt this lacked any interest and ended the film with a bit of a lacklustre feel. I wanted to create something a bit more visually appealing and unusual and so I decided to do a shot from the top of the cage looking down. The bird would then fly back to its perch coming towards the camera at the top and then back down to the perch.

My first challenge was to create a readable background that still looked like the cage but had the accurate above perspective to it. I also needed to do this in layers to make sure I can still get that depth. I wanted to show the garden far below the cage.

top cage layer

bottom garden layer

I then composited these together:


I then needed to animate the bird doing the move that I wanted.



I then took these into after effects and composited them together and added a slight camera pull to add more interest on top. This is my final shot.