Animatic - Sequence 2 Shot 4

I wanted a shot to sit in between  he two factory floor shot that made it interesting and showed a different more interesting angle. I wanted to do a looking down from the rafters shot over the shoulder of a factory boy sat in the eaves. I drew the background in two layers so i could achieve a nice forced depth of field effect to the shot and give it a nice sense of scale.



I then jumped into after effects and animated a feather that was flowing in the distance. I then composited this in on after effects to get my first draft of the shot:



After reviewing the animatic as a whole once it was edited together this shot sat funny in the middle and only served to confuse the whole context of the shot. The feather could barely be seen in the distance and it just looked strange so I instead decided to place this shot immediately after the weavers room and have the feather flow past the boys shoulder and down onto the factory floor where the big shot would happen.

This was my newly animated feather.



With this my shot was now complete.