Animatic - Sequence 3 Shot 1

After the factory sequence I needed an intermediate sequence to get the featehr from the factory to the garden. I wanted to use the chimney as a way to shoot the feather into the open sky and after such a clautrophobic and cramped and busy sequence I thought it would be nice to juxtapose it with an open and peaceful sky sequence.

My first idea was to have this open sky environment and show the airships in the sky that are shown at the start of the film. I first drew the airships.




I then needed to animate the feather that would be in the shot.



The shot was then finished.




I then decided that because of time constraints it was better to cut this sequence down significantly as it didn't bring much to the film as a whole. I decided to strip the airships form it and make the feather flow directly to the greenhouse.

This is the background I would be using to suggest the sky.


I then overlayed this drawing of the chimney exterior


I also created a smoke puff that would be used to show the chimney puffing out the feather.



I next needed to create the interior of the greenhouse that the camera would zoom out into as the feather sticks to the outside of the glass.

I drew this in layers again to give it a small sense of depth and 3D.


I then animated the feather and my shot was complete: